Peace demands action! Mass Peace Action is always looking for volunteers to join us! Here are some ways to get involved.
Join a Task Force
- Abolish Nuclear weapons
- Antiwar (End the War in Afghanistan; Don’t Start One with Iran)
- Cut the Military budget
- Legislative action
Hold an Event in your Town or Campus
- Film screenings
- House party
- Filing, organizing, and data entry
- Calling Massachusetts Peace Action members
- Gather signatures for petitions
- Set up literature tables
- Lobby senators, members of Congress, and state legislators
- Write a letter to the editor of your community or campus newspaper
- Post listings, events, and information on the web, Facebook, Twitter, etc.
- Design flyers and invitations
- Rebuild our website
- Administer our office network
- Organize a concert, reception or house party
- Write grant proposals
- Research issues and write fact sheets
Visit the office. Our office is 3 blocks from Harvard Square, at 11 Garden St in the basement of the First Church in Cambridge, Congregational. Drop by and get acquainted. We are usually in 11-6 Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday, and sometimes on Monday or Friday. Write or call before coming over.
Interested in an internship? Please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the Fall and Spring terms, interns work 8-12 hours a week for a minimum of 10 weeks; in the Summer, 12-15 hours a week for 10 weeks. You’ll receive mentoring and supervision and work on an independent project as well as doing some of the tasks on the list above.
Write email@example.com or call 617-354-2169 to get involved![/half]