About 100 Massachusetts residents rallied at six Congressional offices October 14 to call attention to the rising danger of nuclear war and demand Congressional action to keep us safe.
The actions were part of a wave of 50 demonstrations nationwide on that day.
At each location, protesters handed letters to Congressional representatives calling for six actions:
• Support Rep. McGovern’s H.Res. 1185 to avert nuclear war
• Support the Treaty on Prohibition of Nuclear Weapons (TPNS)
• End the policy of “First Use”
• Take U.S. Nuclear Weapons Off Hair-Trigger Alert
• Get Rid of ICBM’s (land-based missiles)
• Move the Money to Human Needs, Not War