The US agreed in February to withdraw its military forces from Afghanistan within one year, though implementation of the deal has been delayed. Mass. peace action supports a speedy withdrawal.
But what other concerns should be integrated into an overall peace plan to move Afghanistan toward real peace? Humanitarian aid and Economic development
assistance? Administered by whom? Enforceable agreements between the Afghan parties to prevent bloody retribution? Involvement in guaranteeing a settlement by regional players? Guarantees for basic human rights and women’s rights after U.S. withdrawal? How can these concerns be implemented? Send your proposals and address these issues for a chance to be involved in action taking, to be featured on our website, and for a chance to win $100.
In your proposals, please include:
No more than 1000 words (including any table/figure)
- One paragraph about your academic information and background (Full name, age, school name, program/major, year, GPA)
- Executive Summary (Abstract)
- Introduction (Without heading, as in APA format)
- Approach (Method/Strategy)
- Timeline and Budget (deadlines should be proposed for each action plan; entire plan should conclude in less than a year)
- Conclusion (Implications, Recommendations, References)
- Footnotes highlighting key points are permitted but not required
Grant applications will be evaluated based on:
- Academic merit, strategy & practicality of the action plan
- Potential for producing articles
- We will accept proposals that address these issues from all graduate and undergraduate students or recent graduates in Massachusetts without regard to race, national origin, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, prior conviction, arrest history, disability, marital status, veteran status, or age.
- Students from Afghanistan studying at universities in their country or in the United States are also welcome to apply.
Send your emails to Shaghayegh Christine Rostampour via: firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: please put “MAPA Student Awards – US Troops Withdrawal from Afghanistan” under the subject line of your email.