- This event has passed.
Cuba Crisis Rally
Sat July 24 @ 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm EDT
A rally in support of Cuba’s sovereignty amidst recent demonstrations there and U.S. responses will take place Saturday, July 24 at the Park St. MBTA station at 1:00, in solidarity with the anti-embargo/blockade caravans taking place across the country on Sunday, and Monday July 26’s anniversary of the origin of the Cuban Revolution. July 24th is also a National and International Call from Brazil to be on the streets again demanding Out Bolsonaro. The open mic program is also in solidarity with Haitian self-determination in the face of the assassination of President Jovenel Moïse.
The Boston-Cuba July26.org Solidarity Coalition has signed on to the Massachusetts Peace Action Coalition Emergency Response to the Crisis in Cuba. This, the statement and basic analysis by Wisconsin Coalition to Normalize Relations with Cuba, and other recent statements amplify the analyses and commentaries in our May 31 post preceding the overwhelming condemnation of the Embargo/Blockade by the UN General Assembly last month. These recent essays include:
- another piece by William LeoGrande on Biden choosing between starving Cubans and votes in Florida
- Chales McKelvey on “The US unconventional war against Cuba”
- “Belly of the Beast Reports on Cuba from the Ground”
- “The US Must End Its Brutal Sanctions Against Cuba, Not Intervene There” by Ben Burgis in Jacobin Magazine
- “Media Play Up Protests, Play Down Effect of US Sanctions in Cuba” by Alan MacLeod in FAIR.
Together they promote “A Vaccine Against the Virus of War Propaganda.”