Wednesday, October 16, 12:00 noon
It’s time to listen to what the voters keep saying about the Budget:
The Budget for All! campaign calls for an emergency protest:
• No to a Republican shutdown: too many people get hurt
• No to defaulting on the debt: even more of us will get hurt
• No to a bad Grand Bargain:The president must stand firm against cuts to Social Security and other vital programs
• Yes to the Budget for All! agenda supported 3 to 1 by Mass. voters in last year’s election:
1. Prevent cuts to Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid, and Veterans benefits, or to housing, food and unemployment assistance;
2. Create and protect jobs by investing in manufacturing, schools, housing, renewable energy, transportation and other public services;
3. Provide new revenues for these purposes and to reduce the long-term federal deficit by closing corporate tax loopholes, ending offshore tax havens, and raising taxes on incomes over $250,000; and
4. Redirect military spending to these domestic needs by reducing the military budget, ending the war in Afghanistan and bringing U.S. troops home safely now.
Gather at the offices of the Republican State Committee for a protest. We will deliver a Cease & Desist Order to the state Republican Party urging them to repudiate extremist leadership and tell them to raise the debt limit, stop the shutdown, stop sequestration, and support the Budget for All! platform.
Speakers will include federal employees who have been furloughed and others directly affected by the threatened shutdown.
Budget for All!
www.budget4allmass.org • 617-354-2169