- This event has passed.
A Voice from Inside Iraq: Sectarianism, ISIS, Kirkuk
July 7, 2015 @ 5:00 pm
Join us for a Skype conversation with Daban Shadala, representative of the Kurdistan Regional Government of Iraq
Tuesday July 7, 2015 at 5 PM
Encuentro 5, 9a Hamilton Place, Boston
Across from Park Street T
Daban Shadala will answer your questions about Iraq today and yesterday
Massachusetts Peace Action ~ Middle East Working Group
Questions we will discuss:
- What is the political, cultural, social, and economic situation of Iraq today?
- What are the most important issues Iraqi citizens and government are facing now?
- How do you rank the situation of Iraqis’ lives in Iraq before and after Saddam Hussein?
- What is the most important humanitarian crisis in Iraq?
- How do you evaluate the level of international humanitarian aid in Iraq?
- Do you support the division of Iraq into three different countries?
- What is similar and different about the agendas of Iraq’s central government and the Kurdistan Regional Government?
- Who should control Kirkuk?
- How do see the role of Iran in Iraq, especially with respect to the fight against ISIS?
- What is the role of supporters of the Syrian government in Iraq?
- What is the role of Sunni parties in Iraq?
- How do you see the future of Iraq?