- This event has passed.
Social Media 101 for Peace Activists
February 11, 2015 @ 10:00 am - 5:00 pm$10
Facebook? Twitter? Hashtags?!!! Do you feel out of the loop? If so, you are not alone! But to do effective activism in 2015, peace activists need to understand how to use social media.
It’s easy to get started! Join us at a Social Media 101 for Peace Activists training taught by MAPA’s Cole Harrison and Michelle Cunha. No prior knowledge required — we’ll start by helping everyone create an account and sign in.
The training will be hands-on — Bring a laptop, smart phone or tablet if you have one — we also have some in the office that you can use.
Please click here to reserve a seat. RSVP is required, as seating capacity is limited. There will be two sessions on Wednesday, February 11 – 10am to 1pm, and 2pm to 5pm. Free to Mass. Peace Action members (join here), $10 for others (pay when you arrive). [The February 11 afternjoon session is full as of Feb. 8. Please sign up for the morning session or tell us you are interested but the date does not work. Additional sessions will be scheduled later if needed.]
– Why use Facebook and Twitter for peace activism
– Sign on to Facebook and Twitter
– Find your friends and favorite organizations, and link up with them
– Basic advocacy using Facebook and Twitter – what Mass. Peace Action is doing with them
– What you can’t do with social media
– Set your personal goals for using social media