- This event has passed.
Moving Mountains for Peace
September 28, 2019 @ 4:00 pm - 7:00 pm$10 – $60
Massachusetts Peace Action Education Fund
2019 Annual Dinner
Saturday, September 28
First Church in Cambridge
11 Garden St
*** This event is SOLD OUT! ***
We have been voting, phoning, demonstrating, petitioning, lobbying, writing, and tweeting for peace. That’s why we’re called Massachusetts Peace Action.
On Saturday, September 28, our members will gather to celebrate the progress we have made, honor some of those who have moved mountains and made a difference for peace and justice in the past year and over the long term, and enjoy food, music, and each other’s company.
We’ll present the 2019 Peace Leadership Award and hear an address by author James Carroll, enjoy country/bluegrass music by Sick, Sad and Lonesome, sit down to dinner catered by Punjabi Grill, and enjoy wine and beer from non-nuclear weapons nations. MC of the event will be Rev. Vernon Walker.
We will also present Peacebuilder Awards to organizations and individuals whose leadership and determination has made a difference to the peace and justice movement, over the last year and over the long run:
Veterans for Peace – Smedley Butler Brigade
United Against War and Militarism
Massachusetts Korea Peace Campaign
Transform Now Plowshares
Palestinian Community in Boston
Rev. Peter Kakos
James P. Carroll is an American author, historian, and journalist. A Roman Catholic reformer, he has written extensively about his experiences in the seminary and as a priest, and has published, besides novels, books on religion and history. He is the author of House of War, a magisterial history of the Pentagon and the military-industrial complex. Read a recent article.
Sick, Sad and Lonesome are a country/bluegrass band from Cambridge. They include Helen Yurchenco on Fiddle and Viola, Dan Africk on Guitar and Rachel Rosenberg on Fiddle.
Rev. Vernon Walker (MC) is Program Manager of Climate CREW (Communites Responding to Extreme Weather), an associate pastor of social action and outreach at the Berachah Church, and a member of Mass. Peace Action’s Board of Directors.
Please join us as an honorary sponsor for this year’s extraordinary celebration of those who went the extra mile for peace. Your support as a sponsor is deeply appreciated. Donations above $30 per person are tax-deductible. The levels of sponsorship are:
- Leader: At the $6,000 level, you will be listed as an event sponsor in event materials, receive admission for 10 to the event, and a special placement full-page ad in our program book.
- Peacemaker: At the $3,000 level, you will receive admission for 8 to the event, and a half-page, special placement ad in the program book.
- Advocate: At the $1,000 level, you will receive admission for 6 to the event, and a quarter-page, special placement ad in the program book.
- Ambassador: At the $600 level, you will receive admission for 4 to the event, and an 1/8 page ad in the program book.
- Humanitarian: At the $300 level, you will receive admission for two to the event, and a thank you greeting in the program book.
- If you are unable to give at any of these levels, please consider making a general donation to support our work.
Admission to the celebration will be $60 for an individual, $100 for a couple, $400 for a table of eight, or $10 for students and low income.
We invite you to be a program book ad sponsor, and there are multiple levels of participation. We would be so grateful for your help in supporting the Massachusetts Peace Action Education Fund and ensuring that the event is a success.
- Greeting: 10 word message acknowledging your organization or company in the program book: $50
- 1/8 page or business card size (1.875” high x 2.375” wide): $150
- 1/4 page (3.875” high x 2.375” wide): $300
- 1/2 page (3.875” high x 5” wide): $600
- Full page (5” x 8”): $1,000
- Inside cover (5” x 8”): $2,000
- Back cover (5” x 8”):$2,500
Ads should be emailed in an image file, jpeg, or png. Ad copy deadline: Sept 25, 5pm
Send checks for donations or ticket payments to Massachusetts Peace Action Education Fund, 11 Garden St., Cambridge, MA 02138. Information: 617-354-2169.
Thank you for your support.