- This event has passed.
Massachusetts Peace Action Fall 2017 Campaign Launch
October 1, 2017 @ 2:30 pm - 5:00 pm
Are you a student? young adult? member who wants to become more active, or organize in your local area? new to the area?
Our four priority campaigns:
Stop the $1 Trillion Nuclear Weapons Escalation
- No Red Button: The president should not be able to start a nuclear war without Congress
- No Fire, No Fury: Peaceful Negotiated Settlement with North Korea
- Sign the Nuclear Ban Treaty
- End funding for “modernization” of US nuclear weapons
- Make clear that weapons funding robs human needs programs, including higher education
End War Without End
- Save the Iran Nuclear Deal from Donald Trump
- Bring the troops home: End US military action in the Middle East, it is making matters worse
- Stop selling arms to Saudi Arabia which it is using to destroy Yemen
- Urge peaceful solutions & diplomacy
A New Day: Organizing to Change U.S. Policy on Palestine/Israel
- Boycotts are free speech. Defeat anti-Boycott legislation in State House & Congress
- Congress must take a stand against Israeli settlements in Palestinian territories
- Legislators should not take free trips from pro-Israel lobbyists and then vote on bills those lobbyists support
- Pass the People’s Budget: fund schools, transit, jobs, housing, environment; cut the bloated military
- No to the Trump/ Ryan Tax Cuts for Millionaires, Billionaires and Wealthy Corporations
- $15 an hour minimum wage; family medical leave; tax millionaires to pay for transit and schools
We will hear from leaders of each campaign about the goals, problems, and what you can practically do to help. For the second half of the time we will break down into four small groups that will go deeper into each campaign.
Sign up to let us know you’ll be there!