- This event has passed.
Impact of the Federal budget on Massachusetts Residents and Institutions
January 26, 2018 @ 1:00 pm - 5:00 pm
How Will the Republican Tax bill and Budget Affect You?
A forum on the impact on the Massachusetts budget of Federal budget decisions, ranging from the Trump/Ryan budget to the People’s Budget. Funding of transportation, housing, healthcare, education, and the military-industrial complex will be among the topics explored.
1:00 pm Key Features of the 2018 Federal Budget:
- • Congressional Discretionary Budget Priorities – Lindsay Koshgarian (National Priorities Project)
• Increasing Inequality for Families and Students – Josh Hoxie (Institute for Policy Studies)
• Impacts on MIT – Prof. Maria Zuber (V-P for Research)
2:00 pm Impacts on Housing and Healthcare:
- • Suzanne Curry (Health Care for All)
• Prof. Randy Albelda (UMass Boston)
• Lee Farris (Cambridge Residents Alliance)
• Prof. Ceasar McDowell (MIT Dept. of Urban Studies and Planning)
2:45 pm Education and Research:
- • Lisa Guisbond (Citizens for Public Schools)
• Prof. Jonathan King (MIT Biology)
3:15 pm Transit, Energy and Environment
- • Fred Salvucci (former State Sec’y of Transportation)
• State Representative Mike Connolly
• Cambridge City Councilor Quinton Zondervan
• Phineas Baxandall (Mass Budget and Policy Center).
4:00 pm Coffee break
4:15 pm Resisting and Responding
- • The People’s Budget Campaign – Cole Harrison
• Poor Peoples Campaign – Savina Martin
• Our Revolution – Rand Wilson
• Massachusetts Peace Action – Dr. Michael Van Elzakker
To attend please Register beforehand