- This event has passed.
Eyewitness Account of Life in Cuba in 2019 and the Effects of the U.S. Blockade
December 5 @ 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Hear from the Boston Participants of the International May Day Work Brigade,
Judy Freiwirth, Bob Mulcahy, and Aba Taylor
Also hear about the results of the November international solidarity conference in Havana from Al Foster
Moderated by Nalda Vigezzi, National Network on Cuba Co-Chair
Sponsored by the July 26th Boston-Cuba Solidarity Coalition
Co-sponsored by First Baptist Jamaica Plain
• Challenges for Cuba due to recent US policies (Helms-Burton Act, new travel restrictions) and the ongoing US Blockade
• The 2019 May Day March with over 1 million people
• The new Cuban constitution referendum process which included over 135,000 local discussions
• Housing, health care, education, farming, neighborhood organizing, support of the arts!
• Significance of Work Brigades in Cuba
• Nov. International Solidarity conference in Havana
Event flyer here.