- This event has passed.
Boston People’s Climate Mobilization
April 29, 2017 @ 12:00 pm - 3:30 pm
On April 29, the #PeopleClimate March will bring together hundreds of thousands of people from across the country to demand JOBS, JUSTICE, and REAL CLIMATE SOLUTIONS. Here in Boston, we’ll have a full day of workshops and activities to build and grow our movement, starting with an energizing rally at 12pm on Boston Common. Join us!
Can you join us? Mass. Peace Action members and other peace activists will gather in the Common at the bottom of the steps leading up to Beacon St. and the State House, at 11.45 a.m. Sign up to let us know you’ll be there!
Read the Peace Hub’s statement and learn about its plans to join the People’s Climate Mobilization
Schedule for Boston PCM on April 29:
12:00-1:00pm – RALLY for jobs, justice and bold action on climate on Boston Common
1:00-3:30pm – ACTION TABLES, activities, and art-making on Boston Common
– TEACH-INS on the connections between the climate fight and other struggles for justice at indoor spaces around the Common (learn more here: https://www.facebook.com/
*We Mobilize To…*
1) Advance solutions to the climate crisis [that are] rooted in racial, social and economic justice and committed to protecting front-line communities and workers.
2) Protect our right to clean air, water, land, healthy communities and a world at peace.
3) Immediately stop attacks on immigrants, communities of color, indigenous and tribal people and lands and workers.
4) Ensure public funds and investments create good paying jobs that provide a family-sustaining wage and benefits and preserve workers’ rights, including the right to unionize.
5) Fund investments in our communities, people and environment to transition to a new clean and renewable energy economy that works for all.
6) Protect our basic rights to a free press, protest and free speech.
See more at: peoplesclimate.org
*Who is organizing the Boston event?*
A local coalition of labor unions, environmental justice groups, faith organizations, youth groups, and climate activism groups has been meeting over the last several months to both a) send hundreds of people from the Boston area to the People’s Climate March in Washington, DC (tinyurl.com/PCMBoston) and b) plan a local PCM action here in Boston. We’re joining forces because we think this could be a transformative moment for the Massachusetts climate movement. We share a powerful vision: together, we want to build a forceful, justice-centered movement that lifts up the voices and leadership of those most affected by climate change. Our work together is grounded in the Jemez Principles for Democratic Organizing: http://www.ejnet.org/ej/
*Boston PCM Organizing Table*
Alternatives for Community & Environment
Alliance for Climate Education
Youth on Board / Boston Student Advisory Council
Boston Teachers Union
MA Nurses Association
Jewish Alliance for Law & Social Action
MA Interfaith Coalition for Climate Action
Moral Revival Boston
350 Mass for a Better Future
Boston Climate Action Network
Corporate Accountability International
Mass Energy Consumers Alliance
Mothers Out Front
Sierra Club Massachusetts
Toxics Action Center
Neighbor to Neighbor Massachusetts
Right to the City Alliance
United American Indians of New England
Fight for $15
Jobs with Justice
MA Interfaith Worker Justice
Boston Workmen’s Circle
Episcopal Diocese of Massachusetts
First Parish UU Bedford
First Parish UU Wayland
Jewish Climate Action Network (JCAN)
MA Interfaith Power & Light
MA Conference United Church of Christ
Moishe Kavod House
Temple Beth Zion
Temple Bnai Brith Somerville
UU Mass Action
Clean Water Action
Elders Climate Action – MA Chapter
Environmental League of MA
MA Climate Action Network
Massachusetts Peace Action
On Behalf of Planet Earth
U.S. Green Building Council, Massachusetts Chapter
Concord Minuteman Solutions Group Inc.
*Want to co-sponsor?*
If your organization agrees with the goals and principles behind this event and would like to add your name as a co-sponsor, please fill out this form:https://goo.gl/forms/
*Want to volunteer?*
To help out with rally and teach-in activities, please fill out this form:https://goo.gl/forms/