- This event has passed.
Ban the Bomb! Celebrating Sister Megan Rice’s Activism, In support of the Women’s March to Ban the Bomb: NYC
June 11, 2017 @ 4:00 pm
- Film, Dr. Ira Helfand, MD, Chair, Security Committee, Physicians for Social Responsibility: The increasing threat of nuclear weapons.
- Subrata Ghoshroy, MIT research affilliate and frequent contributor to Bulletin of Atomic Scientists: The current state of nuclear disarmament negotiations.
- Joan Ecklein, WILPF, Boston organizer of The Women’s March to Ban the Bomb, NYC: Why we should support the UN Nuclear Disarmament negotiations by marching in NYC, June 17.
- Patricia McSweeney: on Plowshares actions and introducing her long time friend, Sister Megan
- Meet Sister Megan Rice, and converse with her.
- Joseph Gerson, AFSC: In closing: Nuclear Disarmament, its necessity, and what forms can our activism take?
1) March in NYC on June 17, Bus information above.
2) Sign a petition to Congressman Joe Kennedy
3) Join a group, sign up sheets available.
Sponsored by Brookline PeaceWorks, Women’s International League for Peace and Freedom, Massachusetts Peace Action, PAX Christi, and Greater Boston Physicians for Social Responsibility.