- This event has passed.
Authoritarianism or Democracy: Chomsky, Van Gosse, dePass
June 29 @ 7:00 pm - 8:30 pm
• Sending the military to attack peaceful anti-racist protesters
• Launching armed thugs against state governments & encouraging police violence
• Firing Inspectors General without cause
• Lying about the Corona Virus
• Assaulting Truth & Science
• Packing the Courts with Right-Wing “Judges”
• Undermining the independence of a free press
Register now for a webinar featuring Noam Chomsky, Van Gosse, and Ty dePass.
Please join us for the webinar and in the struggle for democracy and constitutional government.
Noam Chomsky is Laureate Professor of Linguistics at the University of Arizona and Professor Emeritus of M.I.T. He has long been among the leading critics of U.S. foreign and military policies, neoliberalism and political corruption in the U.S. and other nations.
Van Gosse is a Professor of History at Franklin & Marshall. After writing about the New Left “movement of movements” for some years, he now studies black politics between the Revolution and the Civil War. He has been active in peace and solidarity work since the 1980s (CISPES, Peace Action, United for Peace and Justice) and helped found Historians Against the War, now H-PAD, in 2003.
New York-born Ty dePass was an anti-racist activist in Boston in the 70s and 80s. He is now a member of Simple Justice in Columbia, SC, and deejays Latin-Caribbean dance music drawing inspiration from Cuban independence fighter Antonio Maceo.
Sponsored by the Authoritarianism Study/ Action Group of Massachusetts Peace Action.
January 11, 2021 @ 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm