Massachusetts Peace Action does much of its work through several working groups.
Working groups are volunteer-driven. They had typically met monthly but many have started to meet more frequently during social distancing. All are currently meeting by Zoom.
Attend a working group meeting, or contact the people listed below to talk about how you can get involved.
If your issue is not listed here, start a new group — we’ll help!
Current working groups (as of October 2021)
Sundays, once a month, 4pm.
- Treaty on Prohibition of Nuclear Weapons (TPNW) – Diane Fine firstname.lastname@example.org and Lynne Hall – email@example.com
- No First Use – Steve Gallant, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Education and Outreach, Maryellen Kurkulos, email@example.com
- Paul Shannon, firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Raytheon Antiwar Campaign focuses on Yemen and Raytheon’s role in perpetuating that war. Paul Shannon is the chair.
- Amar Ahmad, email@example.com
Usually alternate Thursdays at noon or 1pm.
This group meets once a month on a weekday evening.
- Rosalie Anders, firstname.lastname@example.org
- John MacDougall, email@example.com
- Kate Cloud, firstname.lastname@example.org
Once a month, currently the second Tuesday at 2:30 pm.
- Racial justice, Yoav Elinevsky – email@example.com
- Indigenous solidarity – Craig Simpson, firstname.lastname@example.org
New England Korea Peace Campaign. A coalition in which MAPA participates, it meets the first Saturday of the month, usually at 9am.
- Cole Harrison, email@example.com
- Bonnie Gorman, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Alec Neilly, email@example.com
Communications: Monday mornings, 11am.
- Maryellen Kurkulos, firstname.lastname@example.org
Fundraising: Fran Jeffries, email@example.com
Music: Eva Moseley, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Chair rotates among interns. Contact email@example.com
Board of Directors: Elected by the members at each annual meeting. Co-chairs: